Welcome to the Sunset Athletic Club’s tennis program. Not only do we have the top of the line facilities, we also have a history of providing top ranking directors, tennis pros and USPTA certified teachers.
Our programs provide play and instruction for all ages and all levels of play. We cater to the recreation minded player as well as those with serious intent who desire tournaments, competition and skill development. We also provide for the social minded players who like their tennis mingled with barbeque’s, pot lucks and parties.
Active members may find reservations using their Tennis Bookings account - please contact SAC staff if you need help or have questions!
Due to OHA guidelines: Players must supply own tennis balls, we recommend one can per player. Ball machines are available.
Please Note: Some of the details and programs listed below may/may not be "current"- Contact SAC for details
Tennis Center Hours:
8:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
On weekdays you will be able to get into tennis courts at 6:00 am but no staff available in the Tennis Center until 8:00 am. The Tennis Lounge is closed. Please remember, no gatherings before or after play.
On Court Procedures to help control Covid-19:
- Sanitizer Stations at each entry to courts 1/2/3/4 and 5/6/7.
- Recommended that Singles players bring two cans of balls or one each, and use your own can on players own service game.
- Recommended that Doubles players have four cans of balls and use your own three tennis balls for your service game. Keep a minimum of six feet distance when playing doubles.
- Ball Machines may be used. Staff wipe down ball machine and ball mower before and after use. Simple Green Pro 30 (on hand in laundry room) to wipe down ball machine (and/or mower) before and after use.
- There will be no chairs on the indoor courts due to spacing issues between courts. Bags and water bottles should be placed on the ground.
- Outdoor courts will have chairs spaced at six feet social distancing on courts 8 and 9.
Tennis Lessons and Camps:
- Tennis lessons will have no-touch ball policy. Pro’s will feed the balls and pick up the balls. Students may sweep balls into net or back to curtain with edge of their racquets. No serving, sorry!
- Tennis camps will occur with up to four players per court and camp times.
- Children will have to sign up for full week of camp all 4 days and no drop in. Separate groups on courts 5/6/7, and 8/9, and courts 3 and 4. Drop off and pick up in North Parking Lot and child enters at gym for camps.
Court Start Times Staggered:
Court times will start at beginning of day at 6:00 am. The start of the court times will be staggered in tennis bookings in 15 minute increments on alternating courts. For example, an 8:15 am start occurs on Court 1, then Court 2 begins at 8:30 am. See tennis bookings for available court times.
Niren Lall, SAC Tennis Director, USPTA Tennis Pro
Michelle Aman, USPTA Tennis Pro
Dao Her, USPTA Tennis Pro
Nathan Ramos, USPTA Tennis Pro
Kristi Somers, USPTA Tennis Pro
Join our fun group, who love to play tennis, stay fit and socialize! We offer many programs, including: Camps, Clinics and Lessons for all levels and age groups. Ladies free clinics, Ladies Flights, Men’s free clinics, Men’s Championship Doubles, Men’s B Doubles, Men’s Seniors. Plus, Tournaments and our popular Socials (Mixers) on selected Friday nights throughout the year!
If you’re serious about tennis or just want to meet others and have fun, this is the place for you!
Many of our members compete in tournaments locally and nationwide...and they win! Above our ladies 3.0 team celebrates their National Championship! Winning their USTA division in Mobile, Alabama, October 2018. We also host USTA tournaments for adults and juniors at the club every year.
UPCOMING TENNIS EVENTS
See our page at tennis bookings - LINK HERE
To schedule lessons or activities, call the Tennis Center at 503-645-6713.
Please Note: Some of the details and programs listed below may/may not be "current"- Contact SAC for details
• Leagues men’s and women’s USTA leagues; ladies flights; Women’s city league (match play against other clubs).
• Ladies day free lesson: 1st and 3rd Friday mornings: Free drill session with Kristi 9:30 am to 10:45 am up to 16 players.
2nd and 4th Fridays: Sign up singles round-robin play 9:30 am to 10:45 am.
Every Friday: open ladies day play.
• Ladies Night: Tuesdays ladies night 7:30 pm every week. Free drill session 1st Tuesday of every month. Sign up in Tennis Center.
• Private lessons: Private instruction available from all pro’s. Free ½ hour lesson for new member (or ½ hr lesson for family/couple).
• Group lessons with Niren are Monday nights 6:00 -7:00 pm for levels 3.0-3.5. Up to 6 players. Sign up the Tennis
Center’s Adult Lesson book.
• Group lessons with Tim are Monday mornings for levels 2.5-3.0. Up to 6 players from 9:30-10:30 am. Sign up the Tennis Center.
• Men’s Night: Thursdays 6:15 - 10 pm. Sign up upon arrival. All levels.
• Men’s Morning: Saturday 8:00 am - 10:45 am for 4.0 level and above. Come with a 4.0 Partner if 3.5 Level player
10:45 am - 1:15 pm 3.5 level and below, partner not needed.
• Men’s Senior Doubles Morning: Tuesday and Thursday 10:45 am-1:15am. All levels, partner not needed.
• Junior Night every Sunday night at 6:15.
• Junior ladder/tournaments intra-club matches for juniors/USTA sanctioned junior events.
• Junior lessons: Junior lessons start with Tiny Tots, progressing to: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Pre-Invitational and Invitational.
• Adult group lessons advertised and private groups available.
• Tournaments: Club doubles and singles tournaments throughout the year, always include a theme and a party!
• Mixed Doubles Nights held one Friday per-month with Niren. Potluck and fun tennis!
1 Hour Private - $70.00
45 min. Private - $61.00
1/2 Hour Private - $38.00
1 Hour Private - $72.00
45 min. Private - $64.00
1/2 Hour Private - $40.00
1 Hour Private - $75.00
45 min. Private - $68.00
1/2 Hour Private - $45.00
2-Player Lessons (45 min)
Tennis Members - $28 each
Racquet/Health Members - $30 each
Non-Members - $32 each
(# of Players: 1 Hour / 1.25 Hours)
2 Players: $38.00 / $47.00
3 Players: $26.00 / $31.75
4 Players: $22.00 / $26.75
5 Players: $20.00 / $24.25
6 Players: $18.00 / $22.00
Racquet/Health Members (1 Hour):
2 Players: $40.00
3 Players: $28.00
4 Players: $26.00
5 Players: $22.00
6 Players: $20.00
Non-Members (1 Hour):
2 Players: $43.00
3 Players: $33.00
4 Players: $29.00
5 Players: $25.00
6 Players: $23.00
Prices effective 2/1/21*
We offer many options for our junior players, including: Camps and Clinics for all levels and age groups. More challenges for young players include: Exchange matches with other clubs, Junior Night, Team Tennis, Junior Ladder. Plus our exciting Junior Tournaments! To schedule lessons or activities, call the Tennis Center at 503-645-6713.
Camps Run Monday - Thursday | June 21 - August 26, 2021
Camps are ALL LEVELS - Ages 6 and up
Classes taught by Tennis Director Niren Lall, and Pro’s Michelle Aman, Nathan Ramos & Kristi Somers.
Players are grouped and taught according to experience: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels.
Open to Members and Non-Members!
Register in Club Automation, or call the Tennis Center: 503-645-6713
Please see Pro's for placement in class.
Tiny - Tots:
For Children that have little or no experience with tennis. Basic Skills and fun are emphasized. Ages 3-5.
Beginning tennis players in their first two years of play. 36’ court; foam red and orange ball will be used.
60’ court orange ball and 78' court green dot and yellow ball.
78' court green ball (12 and under) to yellow ball.
Challenger level players. Invite only class.
High School Invitational:
High school JV and Varsity level. High level challenger and champs.
Group Junior Lessons: Tiny Tots, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Billed in monthly sessions. Prorated for late start date. No make up classes.
Cost: 45 min / 1 hour / 1.25 hr. / 1.5 hours
Tennis Member: $18 / $21 / $26.25 / $31.50
Fitness Member: $20 / $24 / $30 / $36
Non-Member: $22 / $26 / $32.50 / $39
Please note: All prices and sessions are subject to change without notice. Contact the Tennis Center for current prices and details.
1. Based on membership type, the following number of court reservations is allowed per week. (Our week is Monday through Sunday. Every Monday our members have a clean slate of reservations). Day of Play reservations and Next Day do not count towards this number so this is for advanced reservations more than 2 days in advance.
7 DAYS IN ADVANCE - CALL IN AT 8:00 AM FOR RESERVATIONS BETWEEN 8:00 AM TO 2:30 PM, OR CALL IN AT 8:30 AM FOR ALL RESERVATIONS BETWEEN 3:45 PM TO 10:00 PM FOR FOLLOWING WEEK
FAMILY Memberships are allowed 4
COUPLE Memberships are allowed 3
SINGLE Memberships are allowed 2
2. Two names are required when making a court reservation. The person who made the reservation should have their name listed first. Back to back reservations are not allowed. A court booked in your name entitles you to one court for an hour and fifteen minutes but not necessarily that particular court originally scheduled for you. You may be asked to play on a different court for example if lessons are going on or another court wants to play longer or court next to it is open etc.
3. Members are allowed ONE advance Prime Time reservation per week, per membership. They may call SEVEN days in advance. Prime Time is 9:30 & 10:45 and 6:15 & 7:30.
4. Members may make Day of Play (DOP) and next day (ND) court reservations. Member may make as many DOP’s and ND’s as they would like however they need to play through their first court time before reserving another court. DOP’s and ND’s do not apply toward a membership’s weekly reservation count.
5. Court reservations are held for 15 minutes. If someone is later than 15 minutes the court may be given away.
6. A NO SHOW fee of $10.00 is charged to members who do not show up for their reserved court. It will be charged to the person who reserved the court (first name listed). Member need to call at least an (1) hour in advance when canceling a court reservation to avoid the NO SHOW fee.
7. A non-member guest fee is $10 for guests with a member it is $20 for a non-member not accompanied with a member such as a walk in. Guests must check-in and sign the guest waiver. A fitness/racquetball member may be a guest of a tennis member for $5.00. For Advanced reservation play the tennis member must make the reservation for and be playing with the fitness/racquetball member in order for the fitness/racquetball member to play. Otherwise two fitness members may use the courts only for a day of play reservation during NON prime time hour and pay a guest fee of $5.00 per person. A fitness member may rent the ball machine ($15 per hour and fifteen or $150 per year) on a day of play basis and pay a guest fee to use the ball machine during a NON prime time hour.
8. A ball machine (BM) reservation is for using the ball machine only. Members shall not use the ball machine as a teaching basket or device to feed from. Please use tennis ball hoppers available at front desk. Ball machine packages must be purchased for use and are available for $150 for year or $15 per hour and fifteen.
9. SAC tennis pros are the only ones allowed to teach lessons at the club however members may only teach their own children. Members may not teach other members children or may not teach other adults.
To schedule lessons or activities, call the Tennis Center at 503-645-6713
Check out our SAC TENNIS Instagram page HERE
*Schedules/prices/dates/times are subject to change without notice. We do our best to keep info current, Please contact SAC for all details.